Applying to Bachelor of Arts in Communicative Disorders


The Bachelor of Arts in Communicative Disorders (CD) is designed to prepare students for careers in Speech-language Pathology, Audiology, and related fields.

Application Deadlines

Comply with university undergraduate deadlines.

Declaring the Communicative Disorders Major

There are two general ways to become a CD major

  • Declare major at the time of initial application to the university
  • Complete a Petition for Change of Major, following approval by CD faculty

Prior to enrolling in CD courses

  • Complete 60 units of university coursework
  • Complete one college course in each of the following four areas: Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, and Statistics
  • Complete a Linguistics course regarding language structure
  • Demonstrate a minimum GPA of 2.0