Applying to Added Authorizations in Special Education


The Department of Special Education & Communicative Disorders is authorized by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialling (CTC) to offer three Added Authorizations for credentialled teachers in special education in the following areas:

Applicants for one of the above Added Authorizations must hold a valid Preliminary or Clear Education Specialist Credential or equivalent.  In addition, all applicants to graduate programs in Special Education are required to apply to the both Master of Arts Degree and Credential Programs.  Application to the Added Authorization only can be granted by petition.